[ Up ] [ Career ] [ Hobbies ] [ The Nomad !! ] [ Photo shoot ] [ Toys ]
I left school in 1978 with a handfull of 'O' levels and was sucessful in
my first and only ever job interview with the then named 'Post Office Telephones. I
continued to progress through the engineering levels to become a Support Engineer on
Digital Telephone Exchanges.
After 20 years with British Telecom, (B.T.), the company rapidly
'Downsizing', moral at an all time low, and nothing further to goad my inquisitive
character - I opted to take a release package and terminated my employment with B.T.
in March 1998.
Having enjoyed the challenges of creating this web site and learning the reletively new
technology of the WWW I chose to invest in a Certification program to obtain formal
qualifications as a Webmaster.
I have also worked on developing WWW sites for a company called
Pink Ink. that was the creation of Titus Bicknell and Nancy Proctor who are the founders
of The Gallery Channel .
Once again in Jul 1999 I returned to telecomms with ntl.
Employed as a Senior Network Performance Analyst until September 2006.
I'm currently the Owner of 6 Choi Kwang-Do Schools in Hampshire,
UK. teaching the 'Martial Art for life'
See http://www.hampshireckd.com for
I crave the future dreamt by my son
and rise to the thoughts of a distant day
Toil for my descendant's fun
and to that end I say
CHALLENGE ME !
- Curriculum Vitae -
Farnborough College of Technology
BTEC level 4: Micro Electronics, Telephony, Electrical Principals, Industrial Relations
6 GCSEs or equivalent, 3 CSEs
- Extensive training in PSTN Network equipment, Data, Optical Switching and Operator
- ISDN 2 Network maintenance.
- Registered as IT consultant for B.T Networks & Systems.
- Extensive working experience in maintaining and upgrading, PC equipment and software
- Advanced MS Office and MS Access Ver2.0
- Introduction to MS NT4 and Visual Basic
- NT4 Essentials due to be completed Jan 98
- Project management workshop
- Applied knowledge of Intranet and Internet technologies including Novel LAN
- CIW Certified Internet Application Developer and Webmaster
Experienced IT and communications technician with extensive knowledge of database and
advanced office automation techniques, looking to extend IT skills and progress into a
Sep'06 to Date: Professional Choi Kwang-Do Martial Art instructor
Jul '99 to Sep '06: Network Performance Analyst with ntl., Crawley Court,
of Network performance data and pro-active solutions.
Apr '98 to Jul '99: Self employed and T/A Beacon Communications, Aldershot, Hants
||Delivering personal IT hardware & software support to private and small business
||Developing Internet WWW sites under contract from Pink
Jan 97 to March '98:
British Telecom (BT/Concert) Aldershot, Hants
Desktop IT Services Financial control assistant
- Responsible for Assessment of computing request requirements including financial budget
- Registered as an IT consultant for B.T. Networks and Systems
- Assisted 1st line support for Visual Basic applications and software
- Implemented Local LAN upgrade of Windows OS to both Windows 95 and NT4
'94 to dec. '96: Switch Network Performance Management (NPM)
- Post Network failure analysis, to enable corrective actions for internal and Supplier
- Recording and trend analysis of Switch Downtime
- Consultant for catastrophic failure recovery procedures and Switch uplift, maintenance
- Developed dBase and MS Access databases for recording and analysis of Network failure
- Assisted in technical design of Intranet Oracle database for National recording of
- Implemented performance Quality improvement plans and mediation with GPT Manufacturers
on performance Issues and Service measures
1991 - 1994
- Developed extensive technical expertise in System X equipment leading to specialised
- Provided technical support for ISDN2 and ISDN30 technologies
- Provided 24 hour support for Northern Home Counties switch network and Operator
1978 - 1991
- Completed Apprenticeship and started Electro Mechanical Exchange maintenance duties
- Progressed to maintenance of digital Exchange equipment and Operator services
- Designed and implemented, Major Service Outage, Zone Major Incident and Computer Service
Request, MS Access Databases.
- Provided extensive training for work colleagues on the above applications.
- Published the Network Performance Handbook (In HTML format) as part of a fully paperless
office project that I instigated.
- Implemented software roll-out of NT3.51, NT4 and Windows95 upgrades to local TCP/IP
Novel Server network including User Administration
- Published Internet WWW sites for small Business users.
- Developed and implemented an MS Access Database to enable delivery of exhibition
listings to http://www.thegallerychannel.com